To see how MetroNet , our eBook site, works you can:
- Read the Getting Started guide below or view a video .
- Then view a QuickStart guide or video for your device here .
Required: A valid Bloomfield Township Public Library card.
Getting Started with our OverDrive site, MetroNet
Log in with your library card number at MetroNet (www.ebtpl.org ) before searching for content.
From the MetroNet homepage, there are several ways for you to find a title to enjoy:
1. Select a cover image from any of the lists.
2. Click a link from the Menu.
3. Search for something you want by title, author or keyword.
You can quickly tell which titles are available and which ones you can place on hold by the format icon
in the top-right corner of a cover image. If a title isn’t available, the icon will be greyed out.
How borrowing works
- Click Borrow to check out a title (shown below).
- You’ll be taken to your Bookshelf on your Account page.
- For the easiest experience, select the Read (in your browser) option, as shown below. For more on how to use OverDrive Read,check out our help site for a more detailed guide .
Note: The OverDrive Read method does not work with black & white Kindles or NOOKs, etc. See directions for these devices here.
· Select the title you want, click (or tap) Borrow, then download it from your Bookshelf. You will be prompted to download the free OverDrive Media Console app and obtain an Adobe ID.
- From your Account page, you can view your Holds, Lists (Wish List, Rated titles, and Recommendations for you), and change your lending period(s) from the Settings page.
- Click the ribbon below a title to add or remove it from your Wish List.
- The Menu bar is available from any page—just click the icon to expand or collapse it.
- You can drill down search results by subject, rating, language, and more.
Note: If you’re using Internet Explorer, you may need to download the Google Chrome Frame Plug-in . It’s free and only takes moments to install. If you cannot install the plug-in, you can opt to useOverDrive Read Basic instead, a reduced-feature version of OverDrive Read.