Did you know that you can pay your fines and fees from home using a credit card?
For your convienence, BTPL cardholders may pay their fees and fines online using a Discover, Visa or Mastercard credit or debit card which does not require a PIN (personal identification number) for the transaction.
To pay online, have your credit/debit card and BTPL library card number handy and follow these easy steps:
- Go to the BTPL website at www.btpl.org
- Click on 'My Account'
- Enter your name and barcode number as these appear on your library card.
- Click on 'upaid fines and bills' to view any outstanding fees or fines.
- Click on 'pay online.'
- A new window will open showing all your outstanding fees and fines. You may pay all of these at one time or choose individual fees and fines to pay by checking the appropriate box at each item.
- Click on 'recalculate total' after you have made your selection.
- Enter your billing information - including your name, address, credit/debit card number and expiration date, and email address to receive your receipt.
- Verify that this information is correct and then click 'submit.'
- The 'payment receipt' screen will appear. From home, you may print a receipt. At the Library, see a Circulation clerk for your receipt.