Block Read More:
Here are some really great sites about retiring and housing alternatives.
AARP- The famous organization for the retired American.
- AnnuityFYI - Retirement basics for seniors.
- Bloomfield Township Business & Investment Databases - We have all the databases you need to track your financial portfolio.
- Boomer$ - Tom Brokaw explores boomers and their views on retirement. Mr. Brokaw interviews several University of Michigan Alums for this documentary.
- Can You Afford to Retire? - PBS's Frontline has delved into the world of retirement just for you.
- CNN/Money Magazine: Guide to Retirement - Worried about running out of cash? Here's how you can make your nest egg last longer.
- Kiplinger: Your Retirement - Timely, trusted personal finance advice and business forecasts.
- Smart Money: Retirement - It's your money. Be smart.
- The Wise Stock Buyer - Grow your nestegg! If you like to blog check out this site!
- A Place for Mom Connecting familes to senior care, A Place for Mom helps you simplify your search, compare costs, and get an insider's view on assisted living communities.
- Livable and Elder Friendly Communities - Find out about the new trend of "Elder Friendly" communities, and what to look for when searching for a new community. Brought to you by Michigan Office of Services to the Aging.
- Long Term Care - Provides a long term care portal, and a self assessment tool that determines service needs and matches to State of Michigan services.
- Medicare's Nursing Home Report- Information for comparing facilities and violations noted.
- Survey on Nursing Home and Home Care Costs - This MetLIfe Market Survey provides average nursing home costs, home health care costs by region and includes Metro-Detroit.
- Social Security Administration - This site answers questions about your Social Security benefits, statements, direct deposit and more. Ask questions and apply for benefits on-line as well.