Great Health Sites
Block Read More:
Research health topics with these outstanding sites!
- AAA - Offers Safe Driving Tips for Seniors. Filled with great information for you or your loved one.
- Area Agency on Aging 1-B - This nonprofit agency provides supportive health and home care services for the elderly.
- Benefits Check Up - A tool created by the National Council on the Aging (NCOA), for locating government programs for seniors.
- Flu Shot Hotline from the Oakland County Health Division - Call (800) 434-3358 for times and locations. When available, "free" flu shots are administered according to the CDC priority list. Persons age 65 and older are at the top of the list.
- MEDLINEplus Senior's Health - You'll find the latest health news and the most authoritative articles on health for the aging in this MEDLINE plus section.
- Medicaid Resource Book - This tool from the Kaiser Family Foundation describes program eligibility, benefits, financing and administration.
- Medicare - Find out if you are eligible and sign up for Medicare.
- Michigan Seniors - Sponsored by The Gerontology Network in Grand Rapids, this site promotes the independence and health of seniors.
- NIH Senior Health - Short, large print, easy-to-read articles on topics such as Alzheimer's Disease and exercise for seniors. Captioned videos, FAQs, quizzes and links to MEDLINEplus.
- Oakland County Community Mental Health Authority - Offers 24-hour psychiatric emergency services, as well as outpatient diagnostic and treatment services. Contact them at (248) 858-1510
- Oakland County Discount Dental Program - Sign up for this great service right at the Oakland County website.
- Oakland County Health Department Senior Citizens- Offers senior cell phone program, as well as guides to community resources and basic dental, hearing, nutrition and medical services. Contact them at (248) 424-7090.
- Oakland County Coast2Coast Rx Card - The free card allows discounts on prescriptions, dental services, hearing services and more.
- Oakland County Senior Resource Directory- Oakland County Health Division is pleased to provide this directory as a service to the community. Many programs and services were identified to assist you in locating federal, state and local programs that address specific areas of need for senior citizens, their families and caregivers.
- Oakland Livingston Human Services Agency - This community action agency offers a broad range of services for residents aged 60 and older, including senior discount programs, grocery shopping, home upkeep assistance and more. Call (248) 209-2600 for more information.
- VITALITY Kits at BTPL - Funded through the Community Foundation of Southeast Michigan, thesekits can help you after a stroke, after a cancer diagnosis or understand Alzheimer's and Memory Care. Check one out today!